Author Topic: Import material issue.  (Read 2368 times)

Hey, i have weird bug.

I try to import Materials from Substance Share (Monthly Drops) via drag & drop into Material tab "Import to the shelf" (NOT TO CURRENT SESSION) everything works ok until i close application. They are gone.

So i tried to copy them into folder inside C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf\materials. Substance Painter don't see them. So i lunched Painter as Administrator - now he see it (even after next launch with out admin rights) But with Admin rights i can't drag & drop directly into Substance Material tab (Mouse have this no sign, and not allow me to drop it)

Added Logs if this help.

PS: I have no problem with Importing HDRI maps & smart materials - no matter how i do this. Seems like only materials issue.

Edit: I use Substance Painter, version 2.0.1
Build 1105 - de8687d99f2c92cbfffff2600d26eea7735e9afc

Edit2: My Substance Painter folder was marked as "Read only" so tried to change it, but each time is going back to "Read only" Maybe this is the issue?
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:42:11 am

Hey Daniel 'Denis' Radzki,

when I copy the Substance to 'C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf\materials' it works like a charm. Th Drag & Drop 'Import to shelf' does not work, though, indeed.
Can you tell me what Materials you're trying to import?

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey guys, I just tried the drag and drop to import to the shelf a substance material (sbsar file) and it worked for me (even if I found an other bug). Can you describe a bit more your issue ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hello,

I made Video that show whats going on :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCF8hhHPGc&feature=youtu.be

As Example i used this Material: https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/701 but problem is with every *.sbsar file.
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 01:01:20 pm

Hey Daniel 'Denis' Radzki,

thanks for the video, that helps a lot. I got the same issue when I drag and drop the Material into the shelf. Reloading the shelf by restarting Substance Painter is normal, though.
Some ideas, @Froyok ?

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Thanks guys for the details and the video, I updated the bug report on our side. We are looking into it.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.