Author Topic: Yet another question about SP2 upgrade  (Read 3019 times)

I've had a look in the forums for this but it seems like complete chaos in there at the moment! Instead of trying to figure out other people's errors I thought I'd just post my own.

I subscribe to Indie Live, and pay $19.90 a month since November 2015. When I go to the upgrade tab I get the "There is no upgrade available for your account" message. Why am I not eligible for an upgrade?

Same thing here

Hi guys.

I have a Indie subscription monthly payments on the suite since last year, but there is no upgrade info for Painter 2 on my account. How I use what I already pay for the suit to get Painter 2 ?

Cheers.
CG generalist at @digi_fix animation studio located in Osaka, Japan.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Your licenses will upgrade automatically a bit later, you don't need to do anything.
In the meantime you can use the Trial of Substance Painter 2.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hi Fabian,

I've seen you all over the forum putting out fires left, right, and centre - thanks for your response!

Just so I'm clear: when you say our licenses will upgrade, what does that mean exactly? Will it be clarified on the website what we have to pay, what we'll get etc?

Hey jessgloder,

Thank you, it's quite stressful right after a product launch, especially when something's unclear. I'm doing my best right now ;)

'You license will upgrade automatically' means when you are a Substance Live user paying monthly for it you will get Substance Painter 2 instantly. It will be added to your account and you can use it, as long as you pay monthly for it or if you reach a total payment of $149. After 8 months then you can get a definitive license.
With a definitive license you don't need to pay for it anymore. It's yours.

You will be able to what you have paid and how much is left on the website, of course. You can pause the subscription and renew it when you want with no draw backs.

I hope this clarifies a bit more.

Best regards

Hi Fabian,

So as long as I continue my subscription (which I am) I will in theory get SP2 instantly, and the fact that I can't see that upgrade option on my account at the moment is presumably an error/delay on Allegorithmic's side and nothing to do with any sort of ineligibilty on my behalf? If so do you know when I can expect the upgrade option to appear in my account?

Hey jessgloder,

there will be no upgrade option for you, because Substance Painter 2 will be added automatically. You should be able to see the license in your Account information popping up in just a few days (sorry for the delay again).
All paying customers should've received the license automatically, according to my information, but this didn't happen yet. There may be a bug or so in the system. Don't worry: When you're paying for it, you'll get the Update. Allegorithmic is not taking your money without giving back something :)

In the meantime you can use the Substance Painter 2 Trial. You can use Substance Painter with no limitations until you activate it when your account received the license.

Sorry for this confusion again. If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. That's why I am here. :)

Best Regards

Oh, so when you say 'added automatically' you mean I'll get an update to upgrade my existing SP1 to SP2? How does that affect my pricing? Do I keep paying the $19.90 until I hit the $299 price?

One last thing (and thanks again for your help with this): will I get an email notification once the SP2 licence is available in my account information, or do I just need to keep checking back periodically?

Thanks again,
jessgloder

Hey jessgloder,

The price tag in the same, you'll keep paying $19.90 monthly but will get Substance Painter 2 right now automatically. That means that you can download and activate Substance Painter 2 with your account and use it just like you do now with Substance Painter 1 or Designer.
When you have paid a total of $149, you can get the definitive license of Substance Painter 2. The definitive license means that you own the software, just like if you buy it right now. When you own it, for instance, you could stop paying monthly and still use Substance Painter 2.
You can activate definitive licenses after paying for 8 months. So when you started paying yesterday monthly you can get a definitive license of Substance Painter 2 on November 17th. You don't need to pay anything additionally when activating a definitive license, because this is the benefit of using Substance Live:
You rent the software to own in some day.

I'm not sure if you'll receive an E-mail when the license is activated on your account, sorry. I would just check that on Monday or Tuesday, if I were you.

Best Regards

what happens if i choose the definitive license but then want to continue to pay monthly.. should i just not pick definitive license at all then? Or do i pick it.. which then gives me V1.. then is there a way to continue to pay monthly?  or does it "stop the clock"

Hey jessgloder,

Thank you, it's quite stressful right after a product launch, especially when something's unclear. I'm doing my best right now ;)

'You license will upgrade automatically' means when you are a Substance Live user paying monthly for it you will get Substance Painter 2 instantly. It will be added to your account and you can use it, as long as you pay monthly for it or if you reach a total payment of $149. After 8 months then you can get a definitive license.
With a definitive license you don't need to pay for it anymore. It's yours.

You will be able to what you have paid and how much is left on the website, of course. You can pause the subscription and renew it when you want with no draw backs.

I hope this clarifies a bit more.

Best regards

Hey cjadams.work,

You can keep on using all other products in the Substance Live suite when activating a definitive license. This means: Yes, you can keep paying monthly until you own all definitive licenses.

Best regards

What about if you bought a separate license for substance painter. Do you get the update? I only bought in 28 December 2015.

Hey Pixelapocalypse,

when you bought Substance Painter 1 on December 28th, you can only upgrade for $99 or subscribe to Substance Live for $19.99 a month.

Best Regards

Seriously? I just bought it for about 85 and the upgrade is more expensive. That's a big f u to your customers don't you think. Guess you want people to pirate your stuff because this is the way to do it.

Hey Pixelapocalypse,

the upgrade price was just reduced to $75.

Best Regards