Author Topic: Input Size = Texture Resolution  (Read 6709 times)

Hi,

Is it possible that the input node takes the size of the incoming texture automatically?

For the exposure settings I can only choose "absolute" or "relative to parent".
"Relative to parent" only provides you with a manual editing of the texture resolution within the published substances.

Thx
Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:17:49 am

Hey Deck13,

you can leave the input at 'relative to parent', because I believe the parent in this case will be the input image. I just tested that and it works for me.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hi Fabian,

thx for your answer.

Maybe it is a restriction of the Substance Player or I'm doing something wrong?

1) "Input Node" = Output Size Parameter is relative to parent

2) "Main Graph" = Output Size Parameter is relative to parent

Output size is checked as exposure when I publish the substance.

3) "Substance Player" = The Player shows a dynamic size, but I still have to manually set the size in the "output size" parameter (on the right hand side).

I'm looking for a way to read the texture size (and ratio) and automatically set the input size of the texture to the output size when I want to "Export the Texture as Bitmap".
Input = Output, with no way to set the size manually.

Best Regards

I found this thread:

https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=7299.0

So it seems the output size thing is hard coded and you can't read and expose the texture size in Substance Designer?

Can I at least solve this issue with the "Batch Tools"?

I found this thread:

https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=7299.0

So it seems the output size thing is hard coded and you can't read and expose the texture size in Substance Designer?

Can I at least solve this issue with the "Batch Tools"?

HI,

I think I might not fully understand what you are looking to do, but instead of exposing the output size value, you can set it as a function and then in the function link it to a user parameter.

You can create an integer2 parameter and place its min and max to -1 (128) 3 (2048). Then, create an empty function for the output size of the node you want to control and use the get Integer 2, choose your parameter and set the node to output. Now you can control the size of the node from the user parameter. Any nodes you want to do this, you can just have them use the same parameter.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

Thx for your suggestion.

But like in this thread, I guess we are talking at cross-purposes at the moment.

I want to publish a PBR Debugger Substance with a heat map and an option to correct the albedo color range.

The User (Artist) should drag and drop an existing bitmap into the player, correct the albedo values and save the bitmap (override) with the same bitmap resolution.

At the moment this is not possible, because the user always has to manually set the output size before saving the bitmap.
Im looking for a function (way), which automatically detects the input bitmap size and gives this value to the output bitmap size automatically.

Best regards

Hey,
So you want the output to be relative to the input:  you are right, it is not possible ATM, and it's a legit request.
Thx for the feedback, I'll share this with the team.

Hey,
So you want the output to be relative to the input:  you are right, it is not possible ATM, and it's a legit request.
Thx for the feedback, I'll share this with the team.
is that possible now? to get the actual image size placed by the user?