Author Topic: 5.3.2 Crashes when starting new file  (Read 3878 times)

Hi guys, I just updated since the message said it was a recommended update.

Thing is, when I start a new substance, or open en existing one, it immediately crashes. Perhaps this has something to do with the 3d view initializing?

Cheers.

Was 5.3.1 working for you ?
Can you post Designer's log (or send it via PM or email) ?
Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:42:55 pm

Hi, same thing here.

Happened to me too.. Did work after a PC restart though.

But now Substance crashes randomly while changing parameters (doesn't matter what node, just sometimes it crashes out of nowhere)

@bandytx & @Michael Meier : same questions than for Käy. Was it working for you with 3.5.1 and can you share Designer's log file? Thanks.

Adding my name to the list. 5.3.1 worked fine, I updated to 5.3.2 and it crashes every single time I try to start a new substance. I tried on my professional and personal license, one on steam and one stand alone and both have the same result.

Same here.  Log file sent via PM, Cyrille.

Log File sent via PM.

I tried 5.3.1 only for 20 seconds. First time it crashed (after install without restart), then after PC restart it worked and showed an Update notification that 5.3.2 is out  ::)

Can you guys try to:
- open regedit (in admin)
- go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Allegorithmic\Substance Designer\5_x\session
- select the view3d folder
- delete it
- restart SD
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

I too have been having this issue since 5.3.2 and deleting that registry folder fixed it for me.

Thanks.

Can you guys try to:
- open regedit (in admin)
- go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Allegorithmic\Substance Designer\5_x\session
- select the view3d folder
- delete it
- restart SD
work like a charm! Thanks!

Ill try it as well,
Thanks for the speedy reaction Nicolas! You guys at Allegorithmic rule!

Worked over here as well. Thanks

That works! Thanks!

When I open a substance made with 5.3.2, the same error appears again. Perhaps it has to do with custom meshes loading from previous session? I use a tesselated cylinder to show my substances on..