Author Topic: New 5.3.1 Crashes on Baking  (Read 3774 times)

Hi,

So I updated today to 5.3.1 and then tried to bake out a Normal map and the program crashed on me. 
The previous version worked with flying colors.  Can you give me a link to the older versions to download. 

My specs (that are pretty crappy are) :

Intel Core i7 / 2.67 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Windows 10(x64)
18G Ram
PC Driver version 355.98

I'm having the same problem. I had to get my company to roll back to to 5.2.5.
I'm sure they're on it.

Where can you download the previous versions though? 
Usually websites offer a backlog of other versions to download.  I can't find it anywhere in Algorithmic.   :-[

in the download section you should find any 5.x versions to download!? https://www.allegorithmic.com/download-software-builds/1239/405/windows

I encountered crashes during the render process in some applications (not only Substance Designer) when on my second screen a video was running, for example the tutorials on youtube or a DVD. When minimizing the window of the current video stream I still can follow the voice, but can't remember a single crash then.
Vertex slashing since 1994 | 3D Modelling | Environmental & Level Design | Scripting | UI Design | Game Development | www.behance.net/MarioCada

Hi,

So I updated today to 5.3.1 and then tried to bake out a Normal map and the program crashed on me. 
The previous version worked with flying colors.  Can you give me a link to the older versions to download.

You mean normal map from mesh ?
Did you have the 3d view opened ?
Was it on your second screen ?
Did it crash right at the beginning ?
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

in the download section you should find any 5.x versions to download!? https://www.allegorithmic.com/download-software-builds/1239/405/windows

I encountered crashes during the render process in some applications (not only Substance Designer) when on my second screen a video was running, for example the tutorials on youtube or a DVD. When minimizing the window of the current video stream I still can follow the voice, but can't remember a single crash then.

Cool thanks Mario.  Yeah I have a cintiq tablet and usually have Youtube videos playing when I'm messing around with other stuff.  So that could be the issue.  I'll try closing my browser before I bake.

You mean normal map from mesh ?
Did you have the 3d view opened ?
Was it on your second screen ?
Did it crash right at the beginning ?

Yes in the previous version of Designer you could easily Bake your Normal Map from a High Poly Mesh. 
I believe you can't bake a normal Map without loading a High Poly mesh also. 

And yeah I had the 3D view open, I didn't think that it would cause any issues.  But actually that's really smart, since I believe it's a second party program in the software the 3D view could be taking up some much needed Ram during the Bake. 

No second Screen - Just Cintiq and yes it crashed right off the bat.  Clicked bake and boom, no more Designer.   :-[

Could you send me the meshes (low and high poly) ?
It might be related to the geometry.

I have the same problem.

In 5.3.1 crash after 50% of baking.
In. 5.2.5 went easily. Without problems.

Meshes type: obj hp and lp. Without cage.

I can send you files.

We have been able to reproduce the problem. No need for the files.
It comes from the obj exported from zbrush.

My meshes was exported from Modo.

Ah, send them then! :)

Meshes: Modo.

@bak.krystian

What were your baking settings ?

Ok. Here you are.

That's strange, it does not crash on my side..
Can you send me the log ?
Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:24:38 pm