Author Topic: Issues with activating trial license of SP 1.5.7  (Read 2669 times)

Hi,

I've tried to run the trial version of Substance painter 1.5.7 on my PC. The installation file has downloaded well, the instalation process also went well. But when I run the program, it asks me to chose a way to activate my license. I've tried to check the "evalute this product", but after I proceed futher, the red font appears and says "License instalation failed. You need to have administration clearance to perform this action" even though I run the program as Administrator. I've also tried to activate license using allegorithmic.com account, but it didn't work too. I use Windows 10 OS. Could please anyone help me with that issue? I would really like to try out this software.

Best Regards

Andrew

Can you attach here the log file ?
It located here : C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\log.txt
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Sure,
Here it is.

Thanks a lot for the log.
What is the language/nationality setting of your Operating System ?
Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:39:14 am
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Here is a workaround by the way to activate your software: put the license.key file manually in this path : C:\Program Data\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\license.key
Head of Product Management

Thank you for your help.

By the way, the OS language is Polish.

Best Regards

Andrew

Hello,
I have the same problem as jed2. I realized that it is necessary to put the license.key file manually in this path : C:\Program Data\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\license.key. Sorry, but i don't understand there can i get this file?
P.S.  I also use Windows 10 OS
--
Yours faithfully,
Limbakh Anna

The license file can be downloaded from your account (download section) on our website.
-----------

There is a message: "You don't have any licence yet." in download section of my account.

Okay, can you send an e-mail at contact[at]allegorithmic[dot]com with all the information that you gave here then ?
-----------

I wrote to the contact@allegorithmic.com. Now everything is working. Thanks for the support!