Author Topic: Setup menu material [Visible If]  (Read 2551 times)

In the material settings you can specify which features activated when a parameter is included, but I have a question, is it possible to disable the function when the parameter included?

Hey Albert,

If I understand your question correctly you want to be able to make a parameter visible if another is set to 'true', for instance. If it is not set to true, the parameter should not be visible, correct?

A Boolean switch could help.
If you type in 'input["booleanName"]' in the Visible-If-Field you will see this parameter only when the input of the boolean is set to 'true'. If not, it is hidden.

The same thing can be done with a Float or Integer. If the integer is above zero (thus it will have an input) the new parameter will be shown, if it is zero, it will not be shown.

More information about those inputs can be found  Here.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey Albert,

If I understand your question correctly you want to be able to make a parameter visible if another is set to 'true', for instance. If it is not set to true, the parameter should not be visible, correct?

A Boolean switch could help.
If you type in 'input["booleanName"]' in the Visible-If-Field you will see this parameter only when the input of the boolean is set to 'true'. If not, it is hidden.

The same thing can be done with a Float or Integer. If the integer is above zero (thus it will have an input) the new parameter will be shown, if it is zero, it will not be shown.

More information about those inputs can be found  Here.

Best Regards

I mean, if I have is on what that function is true, then the other function must be hidden. Is it possible to do this through the Visible if?  :)

Hey Albert,

I think I got it.
Just use 'input["parameterA"]==false'.
This will only make the Parameter visible, if the other parameter is off, thus when parameterA is visible, parameterB will be hidden.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey Albert,

I think I got it.
Just use 'input["parameterA"]==false'.
This will only make the Parameter visible, if the other parameter is off, thus when parameterA is visible, parameterB will be hidden.

Best Regards

Thank you very much :)