Author Topic: Crash when updating a project from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 version  (Read 2561 times)

Hi,

I have indeed been facing a rather critical issue with a particular project of mine since the release of the latest update of Painter (i.e 1.4.1).

So, I open this .spp file, the usual message that tells me that Painter will update the project pops-up, and I click OK.

Then, Painter starts freezing and its memory usage begins to rise exponentially, leading to a slow and painful computer crash.
I still have a comfortable time span to abort the process fortunately, and prevent the crash from happening, but the problem remains. :/

The other thing is that there is no such problem with my other Painter project, so the concerned file might as well be corrupted, I don't know...

I would be grateful if you could provide me with a solution. :)

Thanks in advance!

Can you send me the project ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Of course, no problem. I sent it to you via PM.

Thanks!

Thanks for the project ! I reproduced the memory leak on my side.
We are investigating.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Perfect! I am looking forward to your reply then :]

While waiting for an update, is there any way to get the previous version of Substance Painter ?
I have it on Steam which doesn't seem to allow any kind of version switch, but I'm guessing this could be possible with a standalone version of Painter...
Because as it is, my project is unusable and potentially lost, even though there are hours of work put into it. :/

Thanks for considering my request!

You can link your steam account into your Allegorithmic account on our website. This should unlock Substance Painter. You will be able to download previous versions on the download page.
-----------

Thanks for the tip ! I could open my project again, all nice and clean... quite a relief ! :p