Author Topic: what are these warning on export and how do i fix them  (Read 24022 times)

KP

using Unity 5 template but getting these errors  ??

Also how do i clear the Log so i can help follow errors as i "try" to fix them ?

[MapExporter] The input map 'Opacity' needed by the map 'Default_Tube_Half_InsidePipe_AlbedoTransparency' of the texture set 'InsidePipe' isn't available because: 'Opacity' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Emissive' needed by the map 'Default_Tube_Half_InsidePipe_Emission' of the texture set 'InsidePipe' isn't available because: 'Emissive' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The map 'Default_Tube_Half_InsidePipe_Emission' can't be generated for the texture set 'InsidePipe'.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Opacity' needed by the map 'Default_Tube_Half_Pipe_AlbedoTransparency' of the texture set 'Pipe' isn't available because: 'Opacity' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Emissive' needed by the map 'Default_Tube_Half_Pipe_Emission' of the texture set 'Pipe' isn't available because: 'Emissive' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The map 'Default_Tube_Half_Pipe_Emission' can't be generated for the texture set 'Pipe'.

There errors say simply what they say: Map-Channels are missing. You are export out of Substance Painter (you opened this thread in the Designer-Secfion, what's wrong) the Unity 5 Template, which is requiring those map outputs.
Environment Artist - Twitter

using Unity 5 template but getting these errors  ??

Also how do i clear the Log so i can help follow errors as i "try" to fix them ?

[MapExporter] The input map 'Opacity' needed by the map 'Default_Tube_Half_InsidePipe_AlbedoTransparency' of the texture set 'InsidePipe' isn't available because: 'Opacity' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Emissive' needed by the map 'Default_Tube_Half_InsidePipe_Emission' of the texture set 'InsidePipe' isn't available because: 'Emissive' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The map 'Default_Tube_Half_InsidePipe_Emission' can't be generated for the texture set 'InsidePipe'.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Opacity' needed by the map 'Default_Tube_Half_Pipe_AlbedoTransparency' of the texture set 'Pipe' isn't available because: 'Opacity' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Emissive' needed by the map 'Default_Tube_Half_Pipe_Emission' of the texture set 'Pipe' isn't available because: 'Emissive' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The map 'Default_Tube_Half_Pipe_Emission' can't be generated for the texture set 'Pipe'.

HI,

In the documents settings, do you have an opacity channel? The template is placing Opacity channel in the alpha of the Albedo. If you don't need this, you can right-click the preset in the Configuration tab and choose duplicate to create a new version. In the duplicated version, go to the Albedo channel, left-click on the alpha and choose clear.

We don't have a method to clear the log, but this error should actually only be a warning. It should still export the maps.

Cheers,

wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi I have been having a similar issue, except that it isn't just a warning. I select the Unity 5 Metallic option (Or specular) and it will not export the emission file. I only get the other 3 files exported. I get the following warning below. I am using the Mac version 1.3.0
[MapExporter] The input map 'Opacity' needed by the map 'cannon_0003_DefaultMaterial_AlbedoTransparency' of the texture set 'DefaultMaterial' isn't available because: 'Opacity' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Emissive' needed by the map 'cannon_0003_DefaultMaterial_Emission' of the texture set 'DefaultMaterial' isn't available because: 'Emissive' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The map 'cannon_0003_DefaultMaterial_Emission' can't be generated for the texture set 'DefaultMaterial'.
[MapExporterDialog] Map export ended

Hey james_13,

add the missing Channels to the texture Sets and the warnings shouldn't come again ;)
You can Add Channels in the Texture Set Settings.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

OK Is there a way to reset these standard exports? I think part of my problem is a while ago I identified a bug in the standard Unity exports and was e-mailed new Unity 5 export files (Substance had the channels inverted). They haven't worked right since. I am confusing myself now, essentially I have got an emmission channel out and it is coming our as a normal map. (identical colours and look) I am guessing that shouldn't happen. I assumed the standard Unity export would include all the right textures and settings to allow that the files export? It should shouldn't it and this is something that has gone wrong on mine? Part of me thinks I should wipe Substance and do a clean install. I have checked my Unity 5 output map configuration and it looks like the channels are there?
Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 05:58:31 pm

Go to "C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf" and remove the "allegorithmic" folder.
If you have modified the default preset you should also remove them from "C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf\export-presets".
Then re-launch Painter, it should fix the presets. Don't forget to reselect the preset in your export window, by default it will keep the outdated one.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I removed the folders and selected the defaults but the emissive just doesn't want to export on any model. These are the warnings. It's odd they were exporting around December. I have attached what my config window looks like. I tried by selecting the Unity 5 Metallic and Specular in the config and then select the corresponding one under "config" on the main window just in case. I have attached what it looks like.

[MapExporter] The input map 'Opacity' needed by the map 'cannon_0003_DefaultMaterial_AlbedoTransparency' of the texture set 'DefaultMaterial' isn't available because: 'Opacity' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Emissive' needed by the map 'cannon_0003_DefaultMaterial_Emission' of the texture set 'DefaultMaterial' isn't available because: 'Emissive' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The map 'cannon_0003_DefaultMaterial_Emission' can't be generated for the texture set 'DefaultMaterial'.
[MapExporterDialog] Map export ended

I have tested with some custom project of my own and the Emissive export fine with those presets. As the warning of the log mention : the emissive channel is not present in your texture set.

You can send me your project by e-mail if you want me to look into it. (My e-mail is available right under my avatar on the left)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Sorry I've been away, I think this is where I am getting confused as my previous version of Painter would export the emission channel regardless (though it was basically black) so it was probably not requiring it but did it anyway and now if it doesn't require it it doesn't export. I just assumed as it saved a new version of everything but the emission channel that it was supposed to export one

Hey james_13,

add the missing Channels to the texture Sets and the warnings shouldn't come again ;)
You can Add Channels in the Texture Set Settings.

Best Regards

Thanks Fabian ! That just solved my problem !
LAOMUSIC ARTS 2018