Author Topic: Position Offset on Texture  (Read 1009 times)

I've imported a resource into Designer that I built in Photoshop to save some time. Simply put, I'm trying to tile that resource with equidistant spacing around it. For the life of me, I can't figure it out. I've tried a few different way now and can't get the result I want. Not sure if I need to put something in the graph before the tile sampler or if I even need to do that. Graph is attached. I've highlighted the area in red.

Thanks

The problem you're encountering is that the Tile Sampler tiles the whole input node, not just the white parts of it. If you want to close those gaps, you'll have to scale your shape within the Tile Sampler so that they overlap.

Here you can see the result before and after. For the second Tile Sampler node, I have used the Size X Y parameter to independently scale my shape along the x and y axes to get the desired effect.

You can also do this with a much cheaper Tile Generator (always better to use when you don't need a specific feature of Tile Sampler). On its face, the Tile Generator node doesn't appear to have independent size controls for X and Y. It does however have Interstice controls. All you have to remember is that  Interstice = 1 - Scale. So if you want your object to be x1.5 scale along the X axis, set the X interstice to -0.5