Author Topic: Aged Wood Planks / Substance in Unity - Nails and Holes Missing  (Read 251 times)

Hello,

I followed the Aged Wood Planks tutorials and my nails and holes appear in my outputs:

But when I import it into Unity, they don't appear:

Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 08:26:29 am

Hello,

I followed the Aged Wood Planks tutorials and my nails and holes appear in my outputs:

But when I import it into Unity, they don't appear:

Hey @Hopeliz ,

Can you attach the .sbs and/or .sbsar file so I can take a look? It may be a problem where the nails/holes are created using a node meant for use with the GPU option of the Substance engine, and currently the Unity Substance plugin only uses the CPU option of the Substance Engine.

That's possible. Would you be able to check and let me know what to change/update? I don't need it immediately, but it will help in the future.

Thanks!

That's possible. Would you be able to check and let me know what to change/update? I don't need it immediately, but it will help in the future.

Thanks!

Hey @Hopeliz ,

There seems to be a Substance engine issue with this, but there is a workaround. If you change the Mask Map Threshhold value on the Tile Sampler node on the Planks graph from the default 1 to 0.99, then the nails+holes should show up in Unity.

Can you try this and re-export it and see if it works?

That worked! Thank you so much for your help!