Author Topic: Export Mesh out of Substance  (Read 486 times)

Hello there,

Quick question, is there a way to export a mesh out of substance after the unwrap that is not triangulated?

Thank you for the time.

Same question here.

Painter triangulates objects upon import. If you have lost the original quad object, you probably are out of luck.

I would also like the ability to have a quad mesh back, I've tried DAE and OBJ and both get triangulated.  Volker, I have not found that my models triangulate on import (unless it just doesn't display the triangulation?)

If you activate the wireframe you will see that it's been triangulated.
I dont have enough people words to make it understand you the way it understands me

This is what I see when wireframe is activated. Sorry is there something I'm genuinely missing?

Hmmm- not sure. Every single mesh I've imported has shown to be triangular when the wireframe is active.
I dont have enough people words to make it understand you the way it understands me

This is what I see when wireframe is activated. Sorry is there something I'm genuinely missing?

This is just viewport display. Trust me, the mesh actually is triangulated.

Its actually best to triangulate your meshes yourself before importing them into Painter. If you rely on the automatic triangulation, it might lead to unwanted texture distortions when you use the exported textures in the target rendering application (Painters triangulation method differs from the method used in the rendering app).
Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:21:41 am

At the moment it is not possible to export a mesh that is not triangulating, we are actually considering it since we started to add the automatic unwrapping. I can't give an ETA for it however.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.