Author Topic: Fine leather goods  (Read 3486 times)

Some "pull ups" with less grain and a smoother finish, some oiled leathers.  Not everything is about car interiors, and most of the leather's done so far are not appropriate when applied to shoes or other fine leather goods which tend to not show much grain at all, and have a mellower gloss or high shine.

Horween makes many fine examples.

Hi Robbie,

There are some fine leather references in the library, and you can curstomize each material to have the exact roughness to the leather that you want!

It all depends on what you need, but you should find something to fint your needs :)
And if you don't find anything even with the customizable options of the assets (which you can see in the 3D viewer on each asset page), please post references of what you are looking for so we can tackle this in a later production
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hi Robbie,

There are some fine leather references in the library, and you can curstomize each material to have the exact roughness to the leather that you want!

It all depends on what you need, but you should find something to fint your needs :)
And if you don't find anything even with the customizable options of the assets (which you can see in the 3D viewer on each asset page), please post references of what you are looking for so we can tackle this in a later production

Who makes all the materials in the library btw? Is there a way to see an author. I mean its clear to me that some materials are of a very good quality and some not so much...

Who makes all the materials in the library btw? Is there a way to see an author. I mean its clear to me that some materials are of a very good quality and some not so much...

The assets are in the large majority made by the artists in the Substance Source team.
Every few month an artist from outside the company makes what we call a "Signature drop" which are about 15 materials around a theme. You can find all of those in the "Signature" collection on the source website.

The difference in quality that you have noticed might have to do with when they were created, but they all should be of high quality.
If there are some issues with some materials in particular let me know!
PO @ Allegorithmic