Author Topic: Triplanar mapping in Mask Editor textures is broken  (Read 964 times)

Hi,

for a while now, triplanar mapping on Mask Editor textures has been completely broken, still not fixed in 2019.2.0. When Triplanar is activated, it is not possible to find any reasonable scale in the hardcoded scale slider range which actually shows any texture structure. Here's an example:

There is no issue with triplanar mode in the mask editor textures on my side, not in the most recent Painter version, and I haven't noticed any problems in the past. It needs to be a problem on your side/ your system setup/ your Painter installation.

Start by posting a log file.

The Tri-Planar projection in Filters and Generators depend on your Baked Mesh Maps. Make sure they are baked properly.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

The Tri-Planar projection in Filters and Generators depend on your Baked Mesh Maps. Make sure they are baked properly.

Yes, 100% confident.

Did you baked inside Substance Painter or outside ? I just want to be sure your baked textures at 16bits.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.