Author Topic: Substance .sbsar will not load in Maya  (Read 504 times)

Hello.
I am using Maya 2018, Substance Designer 2018.3.0 and the plugin should be a compatible version. I created my own substance material and am trying to load it into the substance node in Maya. it doesn't seem to load at all and when I try to create shading network, I am getting the error:
 "No Substance Output Node could not be automagically connected to the shader node. Please refer to Substance Plugin documentation for outputs standard naming or exit custom workflow"

I've tried .sbsar files I've downloaded from Substance Share and most of them seem to work fine. I read an old forum post where this issue was happening because the current SD didn't work with Maya yet or something. I am fairly new to SD but I followed a tutorial and created a veryyyy simple material just so I can test this out. i only have one input parameter I am trying to test. I was wondering if maybe I have named something incorrectly or if there is a bug. Thank you! (I have uploaded my material.)

Here is the substance designer file. I realized you would need this to determine why my file won't export correctly...

Here is the substance designer file. I realized you would need this to determine why my file won't export correctly...

Hi,

I checked the file and it seems to be loading correctly for me. Which version of Maya and the substance plugin are you using?

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja