Author Topic: Shift Left click to make straight lines  (Read 237 times)

Is there a way to set the start point when making a straight line (shift+Left Click) without having to click on the model? I want to avoid having to click and undo so I don't get a dark spot where I start the line, especially noticeable if stroke opacity is not at 100%

That's a current limitation, we hope to fix this in a future release.

That's a current limitation, we hope to fix this in a future release.

That's great to hear. :)

Hold down the Shift key, and hold it down. After you have a beginning stage and keeping in mind that clicking the Shift key, you will see a straight line that goes after the cursor. Press the main button on the mouse which is the the leftmost one usually and  then you can let it go. Thus way, you will not have to click and undo many times.

Hold down the Shift key, and hold it down. After you have a beginning stage and keeping in mind that clicking the Shift key, you will see a straight line that goes after the cursor. Press the main button on the mouse which is the the leftmost one usually and  then you can let it go. Thus way, you will not have to click and undo many times.

This doesn't solve the issue because for the line to appear you must click some where in the view-port to initialize the starting position.

You have to click, then undo, then hold shift and while holding shift press left click to complete the line. Rinse and repeat if you want to move the starting position.

The problem we have is that the first click will generate a stroke we don't want, this is why we undo right after.