Author Topic: X-TAON: Jiang jinsheng's Entry  (Read 1264 times)

Hi! Thanks the cool contest!
I'm a student from Shanghai Tongji University, and I am glad to attend the Art Car Texturing Contest. Here I'm going to share with you some of my working progress on this work. By the way, be free to make any comment.
I am happy make refine the work base on your suggestions :)

I love all-over painting on the first glance. Floating drops and strokes distribute across the canvas with great proportion, density and directionality really fascinated me. Also, the style of all-over painting characteristics the noise strokes beautifully assembled which is parallel to the theme: The Art Of Noise. So I'd like to decorate the X-TAON with all-over painting style.

In substance designer, I structure the graph with input, distribute and blend three section. Cooperate with directional wrap node, the gradient node can be used to bend the stroke and various noise maps can be used to make ink texture.Tile Sampler is used to control the distribution. It can sample at most six input and have a bunch of control to develop many awesome variants within one node. Blur or Blur HQ and histogram scan are used to thicken the stroke which can make band area thick if it comes from the same source from the bend node. These are some outputs half way.

Playing with parameters to make some example. Pretty fun actaully!

But it is not perfect when fitting to my car. I've tried a lot and I am still trying to find out a way to make it looks better.  :P

Love the theme and great progress so far :)

A Pollock painting can be reproduced with a procedural texture. Why am I not surprised.  ::)
(Nice use of substance designer)

You could also do a white on white canvas car paint texturing.  ;)

Artistic chaos created with logical procedural maths :D   Looks cool though!

Interesting idea @agentwd. Computer is really good at doing artwork under the concept of neutrality and pure.
Many modern art works characteristic these aspects, and modernism was born just before computer was born. Is that possible that we were imitating computer and trying to understand them all the time?  :-\

But whatever, thanks you guys like it!  :D

how is this one
too noisy may be?

Nice one

Really cool abstract paint man!
Jason Adicendana Tjahyadi - 3D Artist | Student
https://www.artstation.com/jmusictouch

After testing the all-over style Procedually adapting workflow. I pick a theme that i like most, the nature. Spring is what i want to paint. it's worm and pleasing which is the golden time in a year. And we may find best love in this season.  So i choose yellow and magenta to dominate the canvas and use some cold color to make contrast.Finally, fill with gold to make it looks batter.

[img

more on artstation:]

looks nice
just don't want to be a dush or anything but...

contest entry closed at 18th of december.. soo you are not really taking part if you are showing it here first time :S just telling