Author Topic: SBSCOOKER Application is too old to open URL  (Read 694 times)

Installed most recent version of Designer and Toolkit.

Create a brand new .sbs file that's a simple Uniform Color feeding a single Output.

Get error:

Subprocess standard error:
[ERROR][SBSCooker]Fail to read package 'D:/SubstanceTest/Substance/Test.sbs' (uid=0)
[ERROR][SBSCooker]      Application is too old to open URL
URL : "file:///D:/SubstanceTest/Substance/Test.sbs"
Current application manages format version "1.1.0.201804" instead of "1.1.0.201806"
[ERROR][SBSCooker](Error 6) Cannot open the package
[ERROR][SBSCooker]Cooking fail [Error 6]
[ERROR][SBSCooker]Use --includes or --alias flags in case there are references to undefined aliases in the input files

Is the most recent Substance Designer not compatible with the most recent Toolkit?

Pulling my hair out here...

Made a sbs file inside "C:/Users/MyName/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Automation Toolkit/Sbs/" directory. Made another sbs file in the same directory referencing the first sbs file.

Try to cook it with sbscooker.

Subprocess standard error:
[ERROR][SBSCooker](Error 6) Cannot open the package
[ERROR][SBSCooker]Cooking fail [Error 6]
[ERROR][SBSCooker]Use --includes or --alias flags in case there are references to undefined aliases in the input files

I've tried putting the files inside the installation package directory and inside my material library... no dice.

The lack of information in the errors and the lack of examples in the documentation is very frustrating.

Please help.

Hi,

The error is indeed not as clear as it could be, but sbscooker needs to know where the packages coming with SAT installation are, using --include argument, for instance:
sbscooker.exe "C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Allegorithmic\Substance Automation Toolkit\Sbs\YourSbs.sbs" --includes "C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Automation Toolkit\resources\packages"

I have the same issue with the latest SAT and SD. I already tried and included the default SAT package path and also the SD package path while calling the sbscooker, but to no avail. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Do you have any aliases in your sbs file? Those need to be specified using the alias flag