Author Topic: X-TAON: Rally Car - Raúl García  (Read 4590 times)

Hey there! Here I will be posting the progress of the X-TAON texturing challenge.

Latest update: Final Submission

Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:47:37 pm

Nice work on this one.

Thank you Adrian!  :D

WIP V.2: Base decals, emmisive improved, decal spaces on the glasses, rim customization, adjusted colours, ...

WIP V.3: Fixed front light colours, changed  back emissive, added decals (not all).
All decals were created in Photoshop, then used as alphas on SP.

WIP V.4: Added decals to the sides and the back, simulating a brand new rally car.

WIP V.5: Improved decals and stickers, added ground dirt and dirt splatted by the wheels

WIP V.6: Added 2 more layers of dirt and dust on the whole vehicle, added spanish european plate (fully procedural in #substancedesigner), changed roughness and height+normal values. This is a 100 samples render, just so you can see all the changes.

I love it.I think the logo placement is so readable and polished looking.Great job.

I love it.I think the logo placement is so readable and polished looking.Great job.
Thank you so much Magnus! Your submission is also pretty cool, I am keeping an eye on it!

Work In Progress V.8:
Improved emissive, added extra stickers, more decals, dirt on the tires (refined), improved height and normal info on the overall dirt and dust, details on the glass, ...

Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:26:18 pm

License plate game on point!

Added realtime model to Sketchfab. Check it out in 3D, VR or AR,

WIP V.9: Refining last details
Added grass splatted across some zones, improved dirt on the sides and tires, added more sponsor logos.