Author Topic: 2018.2.3 and mapped network drives  (Read 1471 times)

Hello, I just installed 2018.2.3 to check the latest version out.

I am unable to pipe anything through a mapped network drive in this version. Network paths also don't work,as per usual. This worked in the previous version I was using, 2018.2.1. Anyone else having this issue? I didn't see anything in the change log or docs.

Thanks,

Jens

Hey, just to make sure, could you join your log file please (under the Help menu)?
Thanks.

Hi Vincent,

I've had to roll back to the previous version to work. I may be able to test the new version again later this week.

If it helps, I am Using Windows 10 x64, the mapped network drive did not appear in explorer, nor could I swap out \\server\share to drive (W:) and have the path load.

Hello, I just installed 2018.2.3 to check the latest version out.

I am unable to pipe anything through a mapped network drive in this version. Network paths also don't work,as per usual. This worked in the previous version I was using, 2018.2.1. Anyone else having this issue? I didn't see anything in the change log or docs.
Nothing changed in the way we handle paths between our latest hotfixes.

the mapped network drive did not appear in explorer,
I'm afraid the issue is on your side then, not Substance Painter.
Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:53:10 pm
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi Fabrice,

I have tested this again and I believe the issue is a restart is necessary before mapped network drives work. I am now using 2018.2.3 with a mapped network drive. Thanks,

Jens