Author Topic: Maya 2.0 Plugin - User Survey  (Read 2111 times)

Hi Everyone,
We are beginning work on new Maya 2.0 plugin! We are at the early stages of development and would love to get some feedback from Maya users who are also using the current Substance plugin. Please take a moment to fill out this this survey. We greatly appreciate it!

https://goo.gl/forms/exm6PP6uYlWakL3x2

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,
Any idea of ETA of 2.0? Will it support 4K?
Thanks

Hi Wes,
Any idea of ETA of 2.0? Will it support 4K?
Thanks

It's 1.4 now and it already outputs 4k .

I would like to ask Wes , 2.0 plugin can we test it ? and what output you're going to hit with 2.0 ?
you said later this year Q1 2 3 ?

Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 06:18:33 pm

I can't give an exact timeline, as it hasn't been determined yet, but the estimate is sometime in the next couple of months.

The 2.0 plugin, which is still in development, currently works with up to 4k on the CPU engine, and 8k textures on the GPU engine.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

I can't give an exact timeline, as it hasn't been determined yet, but the estimate is sometime in the next couple of months.

The 2.0 plugin, which is still in development, currently works with up to 4k on the CPU engine, and 8k textures on the GPU engine.

As I said that maya 2019 ships with 1.4 that can output GPU 4k, it's correct right  ? 
in 1.3 it could only do 2k
Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:14:39 pm

Yes, Maya 2019 ships with 1.4.0, which should be able to render 4k on CPU and on GPU.

1.3.0 did not allow for the GPU engine and could only render 2k on CPU, as there was some large stability problems that were resolved with an engine upgrade for 1.4.0.

We're finalizing 1.4.1 currently which fixes a few issues in 1.4.0, which will be the public release for the 1.4.X versions, which will include Maya 2018 as well.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

I have completed your survey on Maya 2.0 plugin a few minutes ago and I liked it a lot. I liked the detailed but simple questions and also the length of the survey a lot. I saw that a few people completed it and it didn't get a lot of attention since it was posted. I suggest you post your survey on platforms or websites that have people complete surveys and discuss different topics, like https://www.weareecs.co.uk/social-research-insight-1 or many others.
Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:27:32 pm