Author Topic: error "You have too much nodes running"  (Read 1066 times)

Hello
I'm currently unable to use substance designer or painter due to an error I'm experiencing "You have too much nodes running Substance Painter. You can wait for some nodes to quit or quit yourself. You can only run 1 nodes in parallel given your current license." any suggestions as to how I can correct this issue, I have substance downloaded on this computer only. :<

Hi,
I'm experiencing the same issue with Substance Painter. Yesterday I was using it and the update popup just appeared. I downloaded it and installed it.

It seems at this point, Substance Painter was opened, and uninstalled incorrectly to push the update : therefore the license is always seen as running for more than 24+ hours now, in the same computer I am trying to use Substance Painter.

Did you update too while running Both Substance Painter & Designer?


I am having the same issue. I also assumed it has to do with an opened instance of Painter, but when I tried to start Painter today (no instances running), I got the same message again.

That´s not what I want to see after upgrading. >:(

On top of that, it´s quite complicated to even shut down Painter after getting this message.
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:28:52 am

Same here, I've installed Substance Designer on two of my computers, one of them is turned off but I'm getting the same message you're getting anyway. Would it help if I temporarily uninstall SD on one of my computers?

Same here. Straight up blocks you from using it.
I think there is something really wrong with the uninstaller/installer too.
I tried to manually uninstall designer to get around it, but it turns out this update does not properly uninstall via windows so there might be something really fishy going on.

I did find a workaround for this but it might be stupid and destructive.
Simply deleting the the allegorithmic folder in program files and reinstalling did it for me.

I did find a workaround for this but it might be stupid and destructive.
Simply deleting the the allegorithmic folder in program files and reinstalling did it for me.

this is brutal :)

Hey all, this was a temporary issue with our licensing servers and it should be back to normal now.

confirmed, thanks