Author Topic: Subscription only downloads  (Read 6420 times)

As a holder of a recently acquired Substance Painter Indie license what a disappointment to discover that Substance Source materials(minus the free ones) are only available for subscription users only. Please tell me I'm wrong and have missed something. Is there no way to purchase materials within substance source or some sort of subscription plan to Substance Source outside of subscribing to a piece of software?

Hi @ray_2204

The Substance Source downloads are only for the people who subscribe to Substance, our offer that allows people to always use the latest version of Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Substance B2M, and to have 30 downloads on Substance Source each month.

If you are interesting in getting access to Substance Source downloads you can subscribe to Substance for a short period of time, for example if you need 30 material downloads you can subscribe for a month.
The downloads do not decay even when you are not subscribing anymore, so you won't lose them if you unsubscribe.
There is no separate plan only for Substance Source.
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hi @ray_2204

The Substance Source downloads are only for the people who subscribe to Substance, our offer that allows people to always use the latest version of Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Substance B2M, and to have 30 downloads on Substance Source each month.

If you are interesting in getting access to Substance Source downloads you can subscribe to Substance for a short period of time, for example if you need 30 material downloads you can subscribe for a month.
The downloads do not decay even when you are not subscribing anymore, so you won't lose them if you unsubscribe.
There is no separate plan only for Substance Source.

Since when did this happen, when Substance Source released and months after, members that purchased a License or upgraded were rewarded with download points and now your telling me you're forcing ppl to subscribe in order to get these downloads.... your kidding me. Everyone hates subscritions, just take a look at your steam feedback. I've always defended you guys, but now .... just dont know anymore
Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:55:46 am

Hi @spiritualcore

When Substance Source was released in 2016, download points were given to the owners of perpetual licences of Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Substance B2M.
However, that was an exceptional thing to celebrate the release of this new service, and after the release points were not given to people who purchased or upgraded their permanent licences.
It has always been advertised that Substance Source was part of the Substance subscription (called Substance Live at the time).
PO @ Allegorithmic