Author Topic: Windows 2016 (VM+vGPU) crash at startup  (Read 222 times)

Hi,

I cannot start the application, as it keeps on crashing every time. My computer has windows server 2016 (version 1607, OS Build 14393.1770), and is a virtual instance with a nvidia m60 board. Substance Designer opens properly, but Painter just gives a "Substance Painter 2018.1.1 has stopped working" message during the spash screen.

I have tried to reinstall VC++ 2013, 2015 and 2017 (both x64 and x86), to check possible missing dependencies with dependency walker and still no luck. I see many missing MS-API-xxxx.dll files with dependency walker... Maybe some prerequisite needed in Windows Server compared to 2016? I need to run it on a server, as it is the environment we have.

I have no log as I cannot even start the application... and I have not found any in my %TEMP% directory...

Any ideas?

/Sergio

Virtual machines using NVidia Grid GPU are not officially supported and we haven't tested Substance Painter on this type of configuration.

Oh, I see :( Is there any plan to support that configuration? Any possible workaround? I've seen this behavior not only in my setup, but in any combination I've tried based on VMs (with GPU, without GPU, windows 10 based, windows 2016 based...). Any supported combination in Virtual Machines?

/Sergio