Author Topic: Zbrush to SP  (Read 2829 times)

So im trying to bring a model with its poly paint into substance painter. I bring in the low and hi res versions of the model, now how do I get the texture map with the polypaint to apply correctly to the mesh in substance? I have looked online and there weren't any how-to's for that specific action that I saw. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to bake an ID map (because thats the baker that reads the vertex colors in the model). You can use the baked map in a mask with color selection or in a fill layer (if you actually textured your model in ZBrush and want to use it as base color).

So, I have baked all the maps, opened a seperate fill layer and placed the texture map from zbrush in there, but now theres this tiling effect. Tiling is off and scale is set to 1 but it looks as if it placed an image of the actual map on top of the model instead applying it in the correct areas

Open the 2D window in Painter and confirm that the texture "from Zbrush" matches the uv of your model in Painter.

Did you remember to flip the texture when you exported from Zbrush?  For some reason I've never understood, Zbrush does everything with upside down uv's.

Did you remember to flip the texture when you exported from Zbrush?  For some reason I've never understood, Zbrush does everything with upside down uv's.

Since he is baking the vertex colours, the orientation of textures inside of ZBrush doesn´t matter

sorry, after reading his last post, it seems that you are right - this is most likely the reason