Author Topic: MODO 801/901 Plugin Open Beta  (Read 80104 times)

Wes,

Sorry about that.  I can't believe how stable the earlier version hacked was on this new model - I had a lot of problems with SD in general with this other data set (that I can't give out or I would have dumped it on you long ago).

801 installed fine on another machine over the beta hack.  Thanks, I'll fix it on this one (wondering if I'm going to be redoing the texturing on this model, doh!)

Mark

Okay, there is a substance.create (CTRL-ALT-S) and a blank line Ctrl-Alt-U that is substance upgrade.

What's that do ?

And when I try to load the substance that stopped working I get "reload substance not supported".  What's the work flow that I want to get around this ?  Rename all my substance files?

The workflow isn't - rename all substance filenames being used.  That causes modo to crash on loading the .lxo.  Just for anyone else :)

(A little later)  What does work is reloading the .sbs files in SD.  Renaming the substance.  Publishing it and reloading it in MODO.  The texture locators all need to be redone, but otherwise, seems to work.

Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:58:22 pm

FWIW, b10 is working, fairly stable, though some materials do not display as expected. I think this might be initial settings needing tweaking, operator error, etc.

Guys,

The Mac version of B10's installer isn't working here.  The DMG file mounts, but the PKG file inside gives a rather generic error dialog (see png below) when I attempt to launch it. 

Also, FYI, y'all should stamp the PKG with your developer info, as it's bad form to require users to enable launching apps from "anywhere" (as opposed to Store+KnownDevs) given you have perfectly viable developer signature available.
John W.
MacPro5,1 (12C/24T@2.4), 32GB RAM, NV980ti; macOS 10.12.2; MODO10.2

My initial tests are working great. Looking stable enough for a project I'm working on.

THANKS!!

Okay, there is a substance.create (CTRL-ALT-S) and a blank line Ctrl-Alt-U that is substance upgrade.

What's that do ?

And when I try to load the substance that stopped working I get "reload substance not supported".  What's the work flow that I want to get around this ?  Rename all my substance files?

The workflow isn't - rename all substance filenames being used.  That causes modo to crash on loading the .lxo.  Just for anyone else :)

(A little later)  What does work is reloading the .sbs files in SD.  Renaming the substance.  Publishing it and reloading it in MODO.  The texture locators all need to be redone, but otherwise, seems to work.

Hello,

The blank command line is for the 701 upgrade scene. This is not completed just yet, but it will allow you to upgrade substance scenes that were created with the 701 plugin.

The reloading of a substance is not enabled just yet. We will have reloading working soon.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Guys,

The Mac version of B10's installer isn't working here.  The DMG file mounts, but the PKG file inside gives a rather generic error dialog (see png below) when I attempt to launch it. 

Also, FYI, y'all should stamp the PKG with your developer info, as it's bad form to require users to enable launching apps from "anywhere" (as opposed to Store+KnownDevs) given you have perfectly viable developer signature available.

Hmm, I'm not sure why it would be failing. I am using the installer on Mac and it doesn't produce any errors. What OS X version are you running?

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hmm, I'm not sure why it would be failing. I am using the installer on Mac and it doesn't produce any errors. What OS X version are you running?

Was on 10.9.5 Mavericks running on MacPro5,1 (year before the cylindrical ones).  I'm traveling on vacation at moment, but will try again when back next Thu and can provide any details you need.
John W.
MacPro5,1 (12C/24T@2.4), 32GB RAM, NV980ti; macOS 10.12.2; MODO10.2

Ok, sounds good. Just hit me up when you get back and we will get it working.

Cheers

Wes

Was on 10.9.5 Mavericks running on MacPro5,1 (year before the cylindrical ones).  I'm traveling on vacation at moment, but will try again when back next Thu and can provide any details you need.
the3dninja@adobe.com

Is there a known issue where modo will crash if you load a scene using substance, close it and then open a different scene using substance? It seems to be 100% reproducible here.

Hi, I've a bit of an issue with following the basics to get the B2M plug to work as I think it should.
Using Windows 7pro modo 801 sp2.
Following the vid from Wes. (at least as I remember it..)
make a cube mesh. select polys and make material, call it "box" goto textures and create substance.
all good to this stage..
(I've loaded a few "std" sbsar's to check, all seem to work fine..)
Load B2M.sbsar.
load an image in the clip browser.
goto substance props and the flyout menu (chevrons at bottom of tweaks)
try and load the image into bitmap diffuse..
it WILL NOT load.. keeps just going back to none.
** If I load more than one image in the clip browser, then it seems to be able to select an image for map creation.
I click the outputs I want, ie diffuse, bump, normal, and B2M will create them. refer pic.
So it does work, but for me it will not work if there is ONLY one image in the clip browser.
Actually, as I was testing this whilst typing, the fault  seems not to be due to "one image", but the FIRST image.
If I delete all image maps and the substance, (Images are still in the clip browser) and try to use the first image, it does not allow selection, until you select the second or third image, then it will allow you to go back and select the first image. refer pic.

I'm going to reoprt this as a bug as I'd be pretty sure it should work just with one image in the clip browser.
I've also had (I think) the same issue with using B2M v3.
Afaik, you need to load the image into tweaks main input? If so, it does the same thing as b2m v2, it will not accept the first image, until you've tried a few others and had a successful load of, say the third image or whatever. After that it will load the first image and when you click the outputs you want, it generates the resultant maps.. (I'm only doing diffuse, normal etc as I don't know enough re PBR outputs atm).

Cheers!
Gary B.

just a fyi...
having a lot of difficulty reporting this as a bug, it's failed to report as a bug twice atm. So pls perhaps just use the post info above..

just a fyi...
having a lot of difficulty reporting this as a bug, it's failed to report as a bug twice atm. So pls perhaps just use the post info above..

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry about this issue. I will check on the bug reporter. This issue with B2M is known. I have logged it on our system and it will be fixed. You can use custom image input with the substance plugin, but with B2M is needs an update in the plugin to accept the clip browser.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Well, after prior successes, I just tried to use the substance plug-in this evening (v2.0.0-b10) in MODO 801 SP2.  This was a different model.

Texture->Substance->Substance.create would reliably crash Modo.  I submitted a bug with the file.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   modo.exe
  Application Version:   801.0.7.3514
  Application Timestamp:   53e29ca8
  Fault Module Name:   substancemodo.dll
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   541a8861
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00000000000083b1
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   f857
  Additional Information 2:   f857e14b9ae5de18e5f1d170b4dbb7fe
  Additional Information 3:   c8d6
  Additional Information 4:   c8d6c9170045b56718f70b82e7b8903f

Well, after prior successes, I just tried to use the substance plug-in this evening (v2.0.0-b10) in MODO 801 SP2.  This was a different model.

Texture->Substance->Substance.create would reliably crash Modo.  I submitted a bug with the file.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   modo.exe
  Application Version:   801.0.7.3514
  Application Timestamp:   53e29ca8
  Fault Module Name:   substancemodo.dll
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   541a8861
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00000000000083b1
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   f857
  Additional Information 2:   f857e14b9ae5de18e5f1d170b4dbb7fe
  Additional Information 3:   c8d6
  Additional Information 4:   c8d6c9170045b56718f70b82e7b8903f

HI Mark,

Would it be possible to send me the Lux scene and the substance you are trying to load? Was it a custom substance?

wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com