Author Topic: Tiles and textures  (Read 27137 times)

I recently bought the tiles substance pack and i cannot find the correct sbr file to use so i can add my texture. e.g i have a marble texture which i would like to use and i cannot find the correct graph to place it in.

Any help would be grately appreciated
Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:19:20 pm

The Tiles pack sold on the Asst Store or on our website is made of fully procedural substances, they were not designed to plug a bitmap input. You could probably replace some of the noise used as base of these materials by our own bitmaps though, but there is no direct Bitmap input built-in.

Thanks Jeremie, i will try as you suggested.

I changed the noise for the bitmap though i lost the colour of the grout line.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

It means that the grout color was dependent in some way on the noise pattern. Try adding the bitmap node to the graph instead of replacing the noise with it. Isolate how the noise contributed to the tile pattern and replace that input with the bitmap node. That will likely happen a good way through the graph as a lot of filtering typically gets applied to a noise. You may end up with nodes you don't need, go back and clean them up later once you figure out what everything is doing.

I wish I could post here the sbr file though I don't think I can because its from their material packs. There are so many nodes I don't know which one to change. There are too many connections, lol

Yes some of the textures in the database are quite big :)
Best thing to do is to look for the noises at the left of the graph and try to see what each of them do, you can just disconnect them one at a time to see what it changes in the final result.

Thanks for the suggestion.
 Because so many nodes and connections very hard to see whats going on.
I spent quite a few hrs trying to sort out with little success.
I bought the tile pack thinking i would be easily able to do what i need, though didn't realize the graphs would be so intense.
If i`m not able to do a simple thing like this what chance have i to use this package to if full potential! 

Any chance of a sample? or can i post the graph here, i.e a image of the graph not the file.

Indeed diving into someone else's grqph cqn be q bit dounting qt first, then you get used to it and you can easily visually "parse" a graph and modify it. If you want, send me the file you want to modify and I can insert comments and such in the graph to show you which part does what and what to replace.

Hi Jeremie,

Thanks for this i sent you email and i have been playing around with this file all afternoon and cannot find the node for the grout line.

Found the right node to change for the grout line ;D

Also i changed the colour to texture and this worked out well also, only cannot find a way to vary each tile. Notice the texture is distributed across all the tiles.
Is there a way to place the texture on each tile and give it variation so to looks more realistic?

You can use a Directional Warp driven by a tile generator to create offsets in the image you have as input.
Use the Square pattern in the Tile Generator, set the number of tiles and then push the Luminance Variation parameter up to have tiles of different colors.

The Dir.Warp will move the pixels in each tile with a different value for each, make sure to input a high value in the warp, such as 100.

Thanks for the info though where do i plug in the directional warp?

I PM you a link to my drop box with the ceramic 1 file, if you could do for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Tried to make it work though no success, i don't understand how to use a texture or colour and see it in the Dir-Warp