Author Topic: Read Me First! Rules - Q&A  (Read 15692 times)

question solved
Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:57:39 pm

Some questions are still unanswered, though. The deadline is getting closer, would be a shame if after all the sweat and tears some submissions got rejected because of formal requirements misinterpretation ;)

Also we are supposed to include "Image of the maps (4K: 4096x4096)" - basecolor, normal etc? All in one image, like a cross section?

hi, what is the exact deadline?  Specifically here in Amsterdam?  8)
matthew grimaldi architect

Is the final render should be from Designer viewport? Can I render my material in Marmoset+ Iray render from SD? Cuz there is more flexibility with lightning. Also have question about tessellation in Iray. Is it works?

Can we please get an answer on this? Does the first render have to be from SD, or can we use different software? There aren't specific directions for the first step like there are for the second (Plane HD, Iray, etc.). My assumption is that for the first render we can use any renderer we want -- can someone please confirm that?

when I read the rules it is clear to me that renders should be done only in IRay
After all NVidia is involved in this contest so no wonder they want IRay renders ;)
Artist

hi, what is the exact deadline?  Specifically here in Amsterdam?  8)

It's 23:59 this Friday PST (Pacific Standard Time - west US/Canada), so it will be already 8:59 in the morning on Saturday here in most of Europe (Warsaw, Amsterdam, Paris etc.), or 7:59 in London.

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com

Some questions are still unanswered, though. The deadline is getting closer, would be a shame if after all the sweat and tears some submissions got rejected because of formal requirements misinterpretation ;)

Also we are supposed to include "Image of the maps (4K: 4096x4096)" - basecolor, normal etc? All in one image, like a cross section?

Hi, Indeed we would like to have all the maps from your graph. We need an image per map, you don't have to create an all in one just make a zip including the images of all your maps.

Is the final render should be from Designer viewport? Can I render my material in Marmoset+ Iray render from SD? Cuz there is more flexibility with lightning. Also have question about tessellation in Iray. Is it works?

Can we please get an answer on this? Does the first render have to be from SD, or can we use different software? There aren't specific directions for the first step like there are for the second (Plane HD, Iray, etc.). My assumption is that for the first render we can use any renderer we want -- can someone please confirm that?

The first image is a side by side render with the reference image. For this image a render in Iray is not mandatory.

some question.
is it possible to see my contest entry, to check all thing are correct? if yes how?

Unfortunately it is not possible to modify your entry. If you believe there is missing files you can post a new entry, just make sure to let us know about it in the comment section of the form.

Hello again, last minute question. I know for the first render (side by side) we are free to choose the renderer. But for the main render there are precise requirements:

1 image of the created texture in Iray render mode on Plane HD (Default Geometry SD) (4096x4096)

I assume you're referring to the Scene/Plane (hi-res) option. As hi-res as it is, there are still displacement artifacts no matter how much I blur stuff. I noticed in another topic someone admitted to using the standard plane, but with subdivision. I think they're referring to this option:

I tested it and the results are MUCH better in Iray. Is that allowed? Also, can we boost the displacement scale to match the reference better? Thanks.

Yes it is allowed. You can use the Standard Plane with displacement.

Can we post the finished Files on Gumroad as well or is that limited to the Substance Share?

Cheers,

Lucas
Available for Work.

Artstation : https://www.artstation.com/mamoksche