Author Topic: Substance Designer 6 crashes on startup on a Mac Pro  (Read 952 times)

Hello,

I have a Mac Pro rev 1,1 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 Mb / RAM 15 Gb / El Capitan. I'm using the last trial version of Substance Designer (2017.1.1). It always crashes on startup. Even the bug report didn't work :)

Thank you

Hi,

If you are using OS X 10.10, we identified a crash that will be fixed in the coming days.
It should work fine with OS X 10.11 and 10.12 though.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management

Hi,

If you are using OS X 10.10, we identified a crash that will be fixed in the coming days.
It should work fine with OS X 10.11 and 10.12 though.

Cheers,

El Capitan is OS X 10.11 :). I am on el Capitan 10.11.6

Will I be able to get this fix with an Indie License? I purchased Substance last night and was quite disappointed to find that I couldn't run Designer this morning.

Hello,

Does Substance Designer 6 need a Mac with an hardware that has SSE4/4.1 instruction set support in the processor ? I had a crash on startup problem with another software (a Second Life viewer), and since my Mac doesn't support these instructions, I've been told that I wouldn't be able to run this viewer, and that this lack of support was the cause of the crash.