Author Topic: auto save  (Read 2200 times)

would be a great feature!

There should already be a directory named .autosave created next to where your substance was saved and periodically updated. Note that this implies that Designer only starts "autosaving" after you have saved your substance for the first time.

wow! that´s great! Can I edit the timespan between saves?

edit: Yes I can: Tools > Preferences > Project

thanks!

I have a question about that, When I want to use this autosave files, what is the way to keep links ? Cause when I take this autosaves file and re-save on top of the older file it breaks all my links :(

You should copy the file in the autosave directory over your original substance file before opening it (you probably should make a backup of your original file as well before). Do not open directly the substance file from within the autosave directory and "save as" over your original file as it will create an autosave directory within the autosave directory, and also possibly break your dependencies as you noted.

You should copy the file in the autosave directory over your original substance file before opening it (you probably should make a backup of your original file as well before). Do not open directly the substance file from within the autosave directory and "save as" over your original file as it will create an autosave directory within the autosave directory, and also possibly break your dependencies as you noted.

thanks for sharing that information!

Thx for the answer :) Next time I will do this