Author Topic: Yebis 2 Engine  (Read 6830 times)

Hello,

saw the tweet and went to yebis website - so what is this all about?

Will the actual renderer in the 3D View be replaced by this?
Will we get all the post-fx options right in SD/SP - so we will not need
other apps like Toolbag, Keyshot, Blender and so on to show off and beautify our work?

Cheers!

Hello,

I am also interested in Substance integration with Yebisu.
But Yebisu seems to be a post effect tool and it is not a 3D view nor rendering engine.

I found a real-time movie from silicon studio.
http://www.siliconstudio.co.jp/nex-gen/

If Substance viewport is goint to be like this, it would be fantastic.

Very interesting... at first I thought it was just about post process... but this might be more.

AFAIK that demo was used by silicon studio to show off their new real time engine to acquire more artist for future projects.  They are the guys that did bravely default for 3ds.

Also this was the first anouncement I ever saw that was a press release first before we got the emails.  Just different from the usual fare.

Any timeline on when we might see this?
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:40:55 pm

Very interesting... at first I thought it was just about post process... but this might be more.

AFAIK that demo was used by silicon studio to show off their new real time engine to acquire more artist for future projects.  They are the guys that did bravely default for 3ds.

Also this was the first anouncement I ever saw that was a press release first before we got the emails.  Just different from the usual fare.

Any timeline on when we might see this?

Hello,

YEBIS 2 in Substance Designer will be available soon in 4.3.

Here's a screen shot of YEBIS viewport with controls.

Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:30:14 am
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hello,

saw the tweet and went to yebis website - so what is this all about?

Will the actual renderer in the 3D View be replaced by this?
Will we get all the post-fx options right in SD/SP - so we will not need
other apps like Toolbag, Keyshot, Blender and so on to show off and beautify our work?

Cheers!

Hi Elowan,

YEBIS is post processing. The Viewport renderer in SD will not change. You can simply enable post-processing in the viewport and have many controls for glare, DOF and various lens controls. You will also have antialiasing and multisampling for super clean viewport rendering. All of the post-processing is real-time in the viewport and you adjust the controls directly in SD.

We will also be improving the viewport as well in future updates. With YEBIS, you won't have to rely on other renderers such as toolbag.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Wow - I mean WOW - That´s pretty awesome!

I mean, there was nothing wrong with it and now, we get this post-fx Yebis 2 candy  :D

Can you tell, what it will cost?

Cheers!

hd_

This sounds like a great addition, can't wait to test it out !

Wait WHAT:

from offical blog
Availability

This integration will be available for Windows and Mac, first in Substance Designer, then in Substance Painter. There will be no additional costs added to the price of Substance Designer or Substance Painter because of this integration.

...speechless  :o

Will there be a "turntable-function" (with export to movie)?
- Nah just kidding...  :P

Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:39:25 am

Hello,

The viewport looks impressive.
I think a viewport is very important for texturing and modeling.

My wish is SD to handle camera focal length.
I also hope that SD has an ability to export a numerical value of shader parameters.

Oh boy. This is amazing.

Before I forget. Does Yebis tech translate to UE4? Or is it purely for viewing?

Before I forget. Does Yebis tech translate to UE4? Or is it purely for viewing?

Yebis is just for viewing in SD. It improves the viewport renders in SD, but the effects do not translate to other applications. We wanted to make sure we had an amazing renderer in SD. The goal is so that you can previs post-processing effects as well as make beauty renders in SD without having to rely on other software.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Still fantastic feature that is very useful.

YEBIS viewport working on Mac  ;D

the3dninja@adobe.com

Just WOW !  :D