Author Topic: Issues with importing low poly mesh  (Read 1189 times)

Hello friends,

I'm still a beginner but I have baked with Substance Painter once before without any issues, however I've had to go back to Max recently and edit the model. The model that I'm trying to import consists of 3 objects all with the same pivot, but when importing the FBX into Substance one of the objects is upside down from the pivot? I'm sorry if it seems vague but I've included screenshots of the asset in Max and after importing into Substance for reference.

I thought it was the pivots but everything seems to be in order. I'm not really sure what to look for, please help!
Coffee please.

Just a guess here: does the object have a -1 scale factor in the vertical dimension?  If so, there should be a way to "apply" the factor in Max to the underlying mesh so that at the object level the scales are consistent for all.

Hey, what you can do as well is select the objects one by one in 3dsmax, and apply a reset xform on them (better create it from the utilities panel rather than the modifier stack)

Tell me if it helps.

Hey, what you can do as well is select the objects one by one in 3dsmax, and apply a reset xform on them (better create it from the utilities panel rather than the modifier stack)

Tell me if it helps.

Yep, this worked! I guess in my tired state I didn't think of something so simple.

Cheers!
Coffee please.

you are welcome ;)