Author Topic: Mixed Map Output to UE4 Material  (Read 2701 times)

Hello everyone, I'm setting up a Sbsar file with a packed AO, Roughness and Metalness channel as only one output for optimization purposes inside UE4. This is my setup:

The problem is that when I publish it and load inside UE4, the material only comes with the AO (red channel first on list)
connected to its proper input.

Does anyone know how to publish it so it can connect to all of them when loaded inside the engine? Is this possible?
Otherwise, it would be a good feature.

Thanks!  :D
Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 04:02:09 pm

Hello everyone, I'm setting up a Sbsar file with a packed AO, Roughness and Metalness channel as only one output for optimization purposes inside UE4. This is my setup:

The problem is that when I publish it and load inside UE4, the material only comes with the AO (red channel first on list)
connected to its proper input.

Does anyone know how to publish it so it can connect to all of them when loaded inside the engine? Is this possible?
Otherwise, it would be a good feature.

Thanks!  :D

Hi,

Currently, it's not possible to have the packed channels auto-connect to the material. You will need to manually connect the channels to the UE4 material input.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

You can Use an RGBA Merge node and hook that up to a custom output. This won't work in your 3D preview, however, so you'll need dummy outputs for the three individual maps so you can see them in Substance. That's my current workaround in Substance Designer. You'll still have to manually link it, but at least the channels will all be there. Hope that helps!

You can Use an RGBA Merge node and hook that up to a custom output. This won't work in your 3D preview, however, so you'll need dummy outputs for the three individual maps so you can see them in Substance. That's my current workaround in Substance Designer. You'll still have to manually link it, but at least the channels will all be there. Hope that helps!

This works for packing. Thanks for posting : )

Just to add to the reply above, be sure to not create custom usages such as R,G,B. For the integrations, you should always leave the usage to RGBA for the output. You can then pack the channels as suggested in this post.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja