Author Topic: Trex looking fresh with Painter brushes.  (Read 4033 times)

Normal texture painted in SP

3D Artist, looking for opportunities in MTL
www.bipmatt.com

Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 05:08:18 pm

That's pretty cool!
Did you already have a normal map on that guy or did you paint everything with heights in SP?

I had a basic normal map from the high poly model i made in 3D-coat but when searching in SPainter I found a really good scales brush so I made full use of it and did the whole dino.
After that I went back into 3D-Coat and added the face detail, feet and did the texture painting.
Im trying to use all 3 depending on the project. 3D-Coat, Substance Designer and painter

For instance the MP5 below was modeled in 3D-coat from scratch and then textured in Substance Designer.

Looks awesome Matthew!
"Hinhin!" :-D

Not really looked into 3d coat that much but I was under the impression that it could do texturing as well.. is there an advantage of using SP as well ?

Models look really good by the way.

I had a basic normal map from the high poly model i made in 3D-coat but when searching in SPainter I found a really good scales brush so I made full use of it and did the whole dino.
After that I went back into 3D-Coat and added the face detail, feet and did the texture painting.
Im trying to use all 3 depending on the project. 3D-Coat, Substance Designer and painter

For instance the MP5 below was modeled in 3D-coat from scratch and then textured in Substance Designer.

Very cool!