Author Topic: Substance Painter crashes upon creation of a new project  (Read 1771 times)

Hello I am currently having a major issue that exists since Substance Painter 1 and now I have the same one on Substance Painter2.
So whenever I want to create a new project, I attach my 3D Model with around 4k verts with the file format FBX or OBJ i tried both (but same result)
then when I press ok the project crashes without any other error message and my display driver crashes aswell so my screen goes black for a few seconds.
As I said I had this problem since a very long time so I'd appreciate a solution as I want to use your program!
Also, I am able to use the tools perfectly fine with the sample project that you guys ship with the program so I am not quite sure if it might be a problem with my 3D model although, I tried different 3D Models with different formats.

My System Specs are:
16 GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Windows 7 64 bit (newly installed Windows!)

I appreciate any help and if you need any additional information about this problem or about my specs for example, please don't hesitate to contact me over a reply on this topic.

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I have a kinda same issue, when ever I try to create a new project, it always crashes when i click on "Files" button (import models button), I can't add any of my 3D file in it, and it even said that my graphic driver is outdated eventhough my driver is up to date and even have a newer version than the recommend one in Substance.