Author Topic: Exposed color not working in Modo  (Read 4473 times)

I created this little graph: a grayscale texture blended (multiply) with a uniform color. The color is exposed. Published it and loaded it into Modo.
As you can see in the attached picture, the default color in the "Tweaks" section in Modo does not match the original color as it was created in SD. You can also see that the diffuse map that is created in Modo has no color at all! It is just the grayscale texture. Changing the color in Modo in the "Tweaks" section has no effect: the diffuse map remains all gray.

Any ideas? I'm using SD 4.1.1 and Modo 701 SP5.

Regards,
Michael

Can you send us the .sbs file please?

Thanks,
Nicolas
Director of Product Management & COO

I created this little graph: a grayscale texture blended (multiply) with a uniform color. The color is exposed. Published it and loaded it into Modo.
As you can see in the attached picture, the default color in the "Tweaks" section in Modo does not match the original color as it was created in SD. You can also see that the diffuse map that is created in Modo has no color at all! It is just the grayscale texture. Changing the color in Modo in the "Tweaks" section has no effect: the diffuse map remains all gray.

Any ideas? I'm using SD 4.1.1 and Modo 701 SP5.

Regards,
Michael

Hi Micahel,

It looks like there is an issue with exposed color properties. I will file this as a bug.
I'll update this thread when I have more information.

Cheers,

Wes
Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:33:48 pm
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks, Wes!
I also filed this as a bug after creating this thread (because I was unable to find a way to file a bug before). Can you please tell me:

1. Where/how can I keep track of filed bugs?
2. Where can I find release notes for updates? I'd like to know what is knew in SD 4.1.1.

Regards,
Michael

Thanks, Wes!
I also filed this as a bug after creating this thread (because I was unable to find a way to file a bug before). Can you please tell me:

1. Where/how can I keep track of filed bugs?
2. Where can I find release notes for updates? I'd like to know what is knew in SD 4.1.1.

Regards,
Michael

No problem : )

I'm not sure if 4.1.1 is released yet. When I check the site, it still seams to state 4.1. http://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-designer-4#new

On our site, we will have a what's new section for the release. That will be the best place to check.

I'm not sure about tracking filed bugs. I'll need to ask the devs, but I don't think there is a public system in place for that.

I filed the bug this morning and it is being investigated. I'll report back here as well.

Cheers,

Wes

I found SD 4.1.1 in my account and installed it. But i cannot find any information about what is new. There was no newsletter. I found it by chance.

Filing a bug is not very satisfying if you don't know if it was received and if there is no response to it. Seems to be more effective to post here in the forum.

Here is the SBS file if it is still needed to fix the bug with exposed color.

Regards,
Michael

I found SD 4.1.1 in my account and installed it. But i cannot find any information about what is new. There was no newsletter. I found it by chance.

Filing a bug is not very satisfying if you don't know if it was received and if there is no response to it. Seems to be more effective to post here in the forum.

Here is the SBS file if it is still needed to fix the bug with exposed color.

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I have been able to reproduce this issue. The issue is logged in our system. I will check to see how bug tracker works for customers.

Cheers,

Wes

Hi everyone, I'm also affected by this bug and it is still occurring in 4.2.

The main problem is that the diffuse seems not to be generated at all in this scenario. The substance is working as intended in SD4.2 and in Unity.
Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:37:58 am

Hi everyone, I'm also affected by this bug and it is still occurring in 4.2.

The main problem is that the diffuse seems not to be generated at all in this scenario. The substance is working as intended in SD4.2 and in Unity.

This issue will be addressed in the version 2 of the MODO plugin. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. The version 2 plugin is being re-worked to be much more robust.

Cheers,

Wes

Hi Wes,

Just wondering where things stand with reporting bugs and end users like myself being able to track the progress/status? I am about to report my second bug, one with my windows box relating to an AMD driver issue and the other with my mac (which might already be reported).

Thanks,

Hi Wes,

Just wondering where things stand with reporting bugs and end users like myself being able to track the progress/status? I am about to report my second bug, one with my windows box relating to an AMD driver issue and the other with my mac (which might already be reported).

Thanks,

Hi Scott,

We don't have an open bug tracker for the community. You can just email the modo bugs directly to me. That would be great as I can manage it.

Thanks,

Wes