Author Topic: [SOLVED] Output and preview for Second Life?  (Read 2677 times)

I wonder if it is possible to use Substance Designer to make textures that can be used with Second Life that uses alpha layers a bit different than Substance Designer does, in second Life the alpha is used in this way:

Diffuse Map = Transparency or Alpha Mask or Emissive Mask
Normal Map = Specular Exponent
Specular Map = Environment mask

Is possible to setup Substance Designer so it display the 3D preview in same way and then to save the textures like this, I has only been able to use the Trail of Substance Designer and I has use Gimp to add the correct alpha layers to be compatible with Second Life.

P.S Sorry for the grammar, I am Swedish and English is not my strongest side and I am still not sure if Substance Designer is what I seek.
Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:17:05 pm

I wonder if it is possible to use Substance Designer to make textures that can be used with Second Life that uses alpha layers a bit different than Substance Designer does, in second Life the alpha is used in this way:

Diffuse Map = Transparency or Alpha Mask or Emissive Mask
Normal Map = Specular Exponent
Specular Map = Environment mask

Is possible to setup Substance Designer so it display the 3D preview in same way and then to save the textures like this, I has only been able to use the Trail of Substance Designer and I has use Gimp to add the correct alpha layers to be compatible with Second Life.

P.S Sorry for the grammar, I am Swedish and English is not my strongest side and I am still not sure if Substance Designer is what I seek.

It's not supported directly, However, you could load a custom GLSL shader into Substance Designer. It will need to adhere to the following GLSLFX formatting. http://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SD41/GLSLFX+Shaders

You could create the maps that you need for your output and then use the channel shuffle node to place the appropriate data into the alpha. For instance, you could have an data for diffuse and data for transparency. You could then take the channel shuffle and place the transparency information into the alpha of the diffuse texture. Then, when you export the bitmaps, they will be setup for your particular needs.

Cheers,

Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

That looks advance, but it was a great answer and very interesting information. Thank you.