Author Topic: Output desaturated while editing on Maya Viewport  (Read 1715 times)

Hi!

My imported substance in Maya is working just fine but i do have a concern: the output diffuse that is the result of my graph looks a lot more desaturated while on viewport 2.0 than compared with the original image I'm feeding it and the output.

Some image to explain the issue:

Viewport 2.0 look. The left one is the original map into a lambert, the center one is the substance attached to a lambert and feeded with the same diffuse as the first one, the right one is the baked substance.

The networks in Maya

The graph in Substance. The original one is more complex but for the sake of the example i just plugged one of the inputs into the only output, it can't be simpler than that.

What's happening and how can i fix it? for this particular graph which is part of a tool it is particularly important to get the color rights in the viewport.

Thanks

It ocurred to me right just after posting switching to legacy viewport and the visualization works properly.

That could be a fix but is not the one I would like to instruct to the artists.

Is there someone out there that can help with this issue? is there any way to display the correct output on the viewport 2.0?

Is there someone out there that can help with this issue? is there any way to display the correct output on the viewport 2.0?

Hi,

By chance do you have a gamma correction enabled in viewport 2? It looks like the gamma has changed. Can you post the Substance? I can take a look.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Yeah, the gamma correction was the issue, haven't realized that the gamma option for every single viewport type were centralized now, didn't find it the first time a took a look at the viewport 2.0 Options.

It's working fine now.

Thanks.