Author Topic: Painter Resolution  (Read 3521 times)

Hi,

I have just opened latest substance painter release and started to work with it - my problem is, that I have a very low Painting resolution, although document size is set to 2k

here is a screenshot of how the "bullet impact" tool looks on my model:

can anybody point me in the right direction, plz?
Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:07:54 pm

As we don't know how this object was unwrapped, it is probably likely due to the fact that area didn't get much UV map space; that's my guess.

thanks for your reply!

but this is the same model that is beeing used in this video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5etbHsktVM&list=PLB0wXHrWAmCySp_VNKLGkvefO3xIiNtyY

in the tutorial, you can see, that the model´s UV´s are ok and allow much higher detail than what I am beeing able to achieve

so it must be something else

I tried a number of things to duplicate your results but I can't figure out how you are getting the pixelized surface. I've tried scaling the document size down, up, down and back up again. I've also tried changing the brush Alignment and Size Space in the advanced functions, but still I can't get achieve the pixelization you are getting.

lucky you ;)

Since Painter started to crash, I had to reopen it several times, and one time the resolution looked the way it should.

but now Painter crahes, no matter if I try to import an obj, fbx, create a new project, try to reopen an existing project.

I even have restarted my computer, but my Painter is dead...

What OS, CPU, GPU, and how much RAM are you using? When was your last reboot? Are your video drivers up to date?

Hi,

I am using a macbook pro, i7@2,3 GHZ, 64bit with 8gig ram, windows 7 ultimate (via bootcamp), all drivers are up to date

gpu: amd radeon hd 6750

I was able to edit and save the file that comes with painter; but I am not able to import any obj

importing fbx (version 2012) worked right now; I guess Painter is not updated to fbx 2014 yet (as SDesigner)

but when I import a normal map, SP crashes, again

:/
Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:16:03 pm

Hi,

I am using a macbook pro, i7@2,3 GHZ, 64bit with 8gig ram, windows 7 ultimate (via bootcamp), all drivers are up to date

gpu: amd radeon hd 6750

I was able to edit and save the file that comes with painter; but I am not able to import any obj

importing fbx (version 2012) worked right now; I guess Painter is not updated to fbx 2014 yet (as SDesigner)

but when I import a normal map, SP crashes, again

:/

Hi,

I'm on a MacBook Pro as well. It has worked for me in BootCamp, but I have an Nvidia GT 650M. Just curious, why are you running on Windows side instead of the Mac version?

I will ask the devs about AMD and see if there is any known issues.

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

I prefer Windows OS to MacOS, but Mac hardware to Windows hardware, that´s why.
Also I had hoped that Macbook pro will be more quiet than windows laptops, but actually, the fan is always on...