Author Topic: WXS-07 'Depopulator'  (Read 2926 times)

Hello community.... :) First post.

I began this project with 2 goals in mind: 1 -completely model a hard-surface character in Zbrush without falling back on the old 3dsMax crutch; 2 -use Substance Painter for every single material whilst texturing 47 different high-poly decimated parts(plus environment elements) with the final output being the Vray renderer utilising SP's Vray preset.

I believe I achieved both goals, and because Substance Painter made the texturing process extremely efficient, for me, the texturing was a success. In the past using older workflows texturing a character like this would have been a massive undertaking for a personal project -as I didn't want to just render passes and 'cheat' in PS by painting over the renders - I wanted to completely texture the entire character as if it were a production asset.

Original concept sketch by Jared Marantz.

I'm just going to post SP specific breakdown pics here but the full breakdown of my process can be found on the Polycount forums, if anybody is interested.
http://polycount.com/discussion/168591/wxs-07-depopulator/p1

Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:54:30 am

Great character and excellent texturing!
-------------
Great write up over at PolyCount and cheers for the tutorials on YT :)
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:28:41 pm

Cheers for the kind words, Peter. And you're welcome on the YT tuts. :) More renders of this character to follow.

Portrait renders:

Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:35:02 am

Amazing texture work!

Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:43:57 am

@Manaberry, thank you for the kind words.

Awesome! We shared it this morning ;)

Cheers Vincent. And thanks for the share.  ;D