Author Topic: Question: 64bit only?  (Read 3231 times)

Hello, everyone I just saw the news about the beta and was really excited, however when I tried to download the trial, I found it was 64bit only.

I know I am a bit behind the times with my pc, but is there a 32bit version of the trial?

Thank you in advance. :)

Under the best of hardware, 3D painting can be slow. My guess is that if you are using a 32bit OS you are also not using a very current GPU or CPU. There's a good reason there were not a bunch of 3D painting apps 10 years ago, though there were a dozen 3D modeling/animation apps - power. I don't believe it would be of any interest to the company to develop a 32bit version for such a rapidly disappearing market.

Under the best of hardware, 3D painting can be slow. My guess is that if you are using a 32bit OS you are also not using a very current GPU or CPU. There's a good reason there were not a bunch of 3D painting apps 10 years ago, though there were a dozen 3D modeling/animation apps - power. I don't believe it would be of any interest to the company to develop a 32bit version for such a rapidly disappearing market.

I'm sorry Unity2k, but that does not answer my question.

As for my OS (maybe I should have been more specific?), it's a vista and my hardware is as follows: GPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260.
CPU:  Intel core duo 3.00GHZ 4G RAM.

I run Substance Designer 4 and Zbrush fine on it.

As for it being a dying market etc... That's a non-answer and not what I asked. Frankly I find it rude and bordering on condescending.

I'm sorry Unity2k, but that does not answer my question.

As for my OS (maybe I should have been more specific?), it's a vista and my hardware is as follows: GPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260.
CPU:  Intel core duo 3.00GHZ 4G RAM.

I run Substance Designer 4 and Zbrush fine on it.

As for it being a dying market etc... That's a non-answer and not what I asked. Frankly I find it rude and bordering on condescending.

Hey, this was just my opinion, not meaning to be condescending in anyway. But it's like working with UE4, just because someone might want to work with it, if they are on a Mac it isn't going to happen. In addition they would HAVE to own a really fast GPU running DX11 to get a reasonable frame rate - especially important if they are rendering two simultaneous frames for the Oculus Rift.

As for your hardware, sorry to belabor a point, but your GPU is 6 years old as is your CPU and my Droid smartphone has half as much ram as your computer. I seriously don't want to be rude, but if you have a 70 horsepower 10 year old car you can't be surprised that you lose the race to a 1000 horsepower Bugatti.