Author Topic: back-face culling in 3D View?  (Read 23548 times)

I must be tired and just overlooking something, but where am I able to enable/disable back-face culling in the 3D View?

I am working on a substance that uses opacity with the built in parallax shader, and while it is working fine, it would be nice to be able to adjust the back-face culling so I can see the full effect (face culling : Double Sided)

I plan to be able to use this along with a custom shader created with ShaderForge in Unity...  is there a way I can take my compiled shader from unity into SD? :D

I must be tired and just overlooking something, but where am I able to enable/disable back-face culling in the 3D View?

I am working on a substance that uses opacity with the built in parallax shader, and while it is working fine, it would be nice to be able to adjust the back-face culling so I can see the full effect (face culling : Double Sided)

I plan to be able to use this along with a custom shader created with ShaderForge in Unity...  is there a way I can take my compiled shader from unity into SD? :D

I don't believe there is an option for backface culling in the viewport.

It is possible to load custom shaders into SD. Here is a section of the docs that explain the process. We use GLSLFX files, which bridge between SD and the GLSL shader files. It allows to use any GLSL shader without having to modify the code.

GLSLFX files make the bridge between the application and the glsl shader files.
It allows to use any glsl shader without having to modify the code.

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

How about now in substance 5 is there an optiont to turn backface culling on/off. I find it really useful to be able to see how it looks double sided before it's exported for the game engine etc.

How about now in substance 5 is there an optiont to turn backface culling on/off. I find it really useful to be able to see how it looks double sided before it's exported for the game engine etc.

Hi,

I'm sorry, we still don't have backface culling support. Please place a request in our uservoice. We don't have a submission for this.
http://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/257908-substance-designer

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Still no back-face visibility?

I should make that request now.

Are you serious? Still nothing?

is this still a missing feature??

Still nothing ??

This must be a joke... right? Backface culling is a life saver and fundamental when using Polygon Fill.
Creative mind at work...

WTF mate?

Still seems to be missing, and the only mention I saw in the suggestion area was meant for masks and Substance Painter.  So I created one the correct suggestion as to what we are seeking.
https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/257908-substance-designer/suggestions/38345731-3d-view-in-sd-backface-cull-toggle