Author Topic: Substance mipmapping with UE4 issue  (Read 2182 times)

So I may just be missing something but I can't figure this out for the life of me.

I'm using Substance Designer 5 with UE4 (4.10.2 if that matters) and when I import an .sbsar the textures it creates do not have mipmaps attached to them and they are not streamed at all. I know with normal texture maps not imported with substance UE4 will automatically mipmaps textures. So my question is how does one get substance textures to generate mipmaps? Is there a setting in Substance Designer or in UE4? There didn't seem to be anything in the import settings for the .sbsar and there doesn't seem to be an option in the texture settings in UE4 to enable it. I feel like it's something super simple but I can't seem to figure it out.

Hi necammarata,

The problem isn't with you. The issue is that the Mip map reporting in UE4 is treating dynamic textures as having 1 mip, even though we upload the full mip chain. I have reported this to our team so we can get it fixed, but it will require changes on epic's side so I hope we can get it fixed by 4.12 :)