Author Topic: Substance Painter 2 not importing lxo files,materials to texture sets correctly  (Read 2195 times)

Hi, just having a bit of a noob moment regards getting meshes etc into SP2.
Basically, I was texturing the model from the Moodpack Medeival Knight helmet and some things seemed to be going wrong, so
I thought to test with simple meshes that I knew were ok.
I use Modo 902.sp3 and for some reason I cannot get SP2 to read the material assignments I make in the file.
eg I have 3 mats describing two rings and a body shape, admittedly just blank, that is no image maps etc but assigned as per modo.
If I use SP2 new project mesh, ringsculpt.lxo (modo's native format) it comes in, but with only one texture set LWOdefaultsurface.
Using fbx (from modo) is the same in that it has only one texture set default even though others exist in the file.

The only format I have had work is using obj exported from modo.

Has anyone had success using the native modo lxo format as import to SP2? If so how do you set it up?
Cheers!

It's possible we have issues with the lxo file format, however FBX you should fine.
Could you attach a sample of each file format that have the issue ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi Froyok,
Thanks for the reply..
What I've done is redone the "ringsculpt" scene with std modo primitives, to ensure that there is nothing weird in the meshes.
I'll attach the lxo file, ( and the fbx file anyway.)
Initially I thought that the fbx may have been a problem as 902 Modo is only at 2013fbx level and I understand that Modo10 can use Autodesk fbx 2015. BUT it seems that the problem was user error. For some reason the exporter in Modo for 2013 fbx was NOT set to export materials. I clicked this on and it seems fine now for fbx export out of Modo 902.

Eventually I guess it would be good to just use the native lxo, but at this stage I can use a few file formats that work.

Cheers and thanks!
Gary B.