Author Topic: Export Configuration: "from Cache"  (Read 2714 times)

Hi,

I created a custom export configuration. I then exported the maps. I then went back into the config and made some changes/added maps. Now the new configuration says * (from cache) and the changes aren't being exported. What does the "from cache" mean and when will the new config be ready to use?

Thanks!

"From cache" means it is using the export preset that you used and have been saved in the project. We keep a copy of the export preset in case you move the project to another computer where this preste is missing, allowing you to continue to export.

Does your original export preset still appears in the list (without the "from cache" mention) ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

No - I just have the "from cache" preset and while it does show the added maps in the configuration tab it only exports the original maps.

Thanks
Daf

If you restart Substance Painter does your preset come back ?
If the preset present on the disk in the shelf folder ? (See this page to know its location : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Adding+content+to+the+shelf )
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Well, oddly enough, it didn't clear the "from Cache" by just restarting - but I shut it down for about 10 hours and when I opened it after work it was good to go. :)

Thanks!