Author Topic: Substance painter 2 is really slow  (Read 6090 times)

Hi everyone,

I have been using the substance painter the trial version for a few days I was thinking of buying a copy in the future; however I found it really slow every time I wanted to do something I need to wait for quite along time to make any changes to my project. The doubts  working against me at the moment

Here is the detail of my system

Windows 7
Intel Core(TM) i7 5820k CPU 3.30GHz
64bit Operating system
motherboard is the X99S SLI DDR4 chipset
with 16 gigs of Ram.
Nvidia Gefore GTX 670 graphics card

I shouldn't having any problems running it smoothly!! If any one have any suggestions for me will be greatly received.
I have recently updated my graphics card drivers and I have been using the 2k and 1k resolution but still slow.

Many Thanks in advance.
Hemin

How much vram does that 670 have? I think 2GB was the minimum requirements for SP1, I'm sure they had to increase a bit for SP2. i can almost guarantee with that processor it's your video card slowing it down.
Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:57:23 pm

Thanks James the graphics card has 2G dedicated video memory, do you think this might be the case? I had the same problem with the SP1 also.
Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:14:04 am

That would be my best guess, your processor is way better than mine but I have a 980Ti and get no slowdown what so ever.

Awesome! I might just invest in something like GTX 970 with 4G just for SP :)any suggestions?

970 is a good card, I'd stick with NVidia just for ease. I think they're announcing new cards soon so we'll probably get some price drops right away.

Yeah sure I have always used Nvidia!:) I was thinking MSI brand of the Gforce GTX 970  which it ships in around £268 pounds here in UK, I think is a good buy.
Cheers
H
Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:11:57 pm

Avoid the 970, because of the 500mb of VRam that runs at a more slow speed, it ruins performances in Substance Painter.
We recommend either 960 or 980 instead.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

My GTX 670 graphics card has 4gs of V ram is still slow!!!
I have placed an order for this one 4GB MSI GTX 970 GAMING Twin Frozr 5, PCIe 3.0, 7010MHz GDDR5, GPU 1140MHz, Boost 1279MHz, Cores 1664, DP/HDMI/DVI/DVI-D is that any good at all or should cancel the order?

You will still be able the work with the 970, but we really don't recommend it because of the memory hardware issue. Unless you never reach more than 3,5GB of Vram, you have performances issue.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Ok Thanks I have deiced to go for this one instead could you please take a look see if you approve thanks

http://www.ebuyer.com/715994-msi-gtx-980-ti-gaming-6gb-gddr5-dvi-hdmi-3x-displayport-pci-e-gtx-980ti-gaming-6g

The 980 Ti is an excellent GPU, I have one myself and I'm very glad of it. :)
You should have smooth performances with it.
-----------

Awesome thanks I will get one  :)