Author Topic: 4.11 Github ETA?  (Read 3407 times)

So.. it's that question again :)

4.11 has been released yesterday and it's quite obligatory to ask when a) the marketplace version will be available and b) when the github fork will be updated to 4.11

thanks!

So.. it's that question again :)

4.11 has been released yesterday and it's quite obligatory to ask when a) the marketplace version will be available and b) when the github fork will be updated to 4.11

thanks!

Hi,

The plugin should be there very soon. I checked with Josh and he is uploading it now.

https://github.com/Allegorithmic/UnrealEngine

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks for the fast reply! Yes, it's there already: https://github.com/Allegorithmic/UnrealEngine/tree/4.11-substance_plugin

Really glad you guys got it out the door this fast! Great job!

Hi,

quick question, is it possible to just compile the plugin without the whole ue4 engine? I'm new to using github, so no clue whether i am missing something. Or do i just integrate the new build engine into the ue4 launcher? Then i would never update through the launcher again, would be double the trouble. :D
Cheers, Max

Hi runner2032,

You can take the plugins/substance folder and place it into your UE4 project folder. Your UE4 project must have at least one C++ code file though or else Unreal will not be able to build the plugin.

Ok, thank you. So i guess i have to wait for the marketplace release. I am currently working with blueprints instead of direct c++ code. So i would only compile the new engine build not the projects.

Substance Plugin for UE 4.11 is now live on the marketplace!

Thanks! I'm getting a crash when launching UE4 4.11.1 with it installed though.  :P (through marketplace)

Fatal error: [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++Portal+Main\RocketSync\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceCore\Private\SubstanceCoreModule.cpp] [Line: 90]
Unable to load Substance Library.

I accidently installed this UE build to C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.11 instead of the normal 64 bit path (C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.11 or something), could this have something to do with it?

Hi cyaoeu,

I was made aware of this crash too :( I am working with Epic on a fix and hope to have it live today.