Author Topic: Great first release/one note on expressions  (Read 2063 times)

Hey guys, I gotta say, first impression is that this is running quite nicely!   I tested multiple material assignments via material sops and groups, switching substances, mantra rendering, drag and dropping materials, etc. and everything seems to be working very well!  congrats!

The only thing that I noticed that seemed to be missing is expression evaluation.  Currently if I try to drive a parameter via an expression as in the example screenshot below, the substance shader does not refresh the value as I change the parameter on the other node (it only seems to refresh when the user changes the expression and presses enter to commit it).   Is this something you are looking to address in the short term?

(also, is the forum the best way to post bugs/recommendations?)

thank you for your work on this!   it is very exciting to see these two applications working together!

Hi grayolorin,

If you would be able to send that sample to josh.coyne@allegorithmic.com , I'd appreciate it. Then I can get the asset into JIRA so we can get expressions fixed :)

Hey Josh!  thank you for looking into this!  I just emailed this your way.   Let me know if you need anything else

Hey Josh, I was wondering if there was an update on the plug in with the fix on expressions?  I am hoping to be able to use it on a production tool this summer, so wanted to check on the status of this

thank you!

Hi grayolorin,

We dont have an update yet, but I hope to have one soon. It may require me tweaking how we handle parameters, that's probably why the bug is there in the first place.

sounds good Josh, looking forward to the update!