Author Topic: Wow what a real cool FBX import  (Read 2005 times)

Hi

here tree Screenshots
First one Shade3d Professional FBX File
Second one exported FBX read in Cheetah 3d (Blender and Modo looks same ok)

last one my favorite painting app where only Nvidia Users get all Features

A Question from me, when this Beta tests ends ? what should i do with such free deformed Meshes ?
Paint ? if you mean that the imported Models looks near the original than take a look at the imported UV mapping
that is a hundred times better than the mesh self

I delete V2 now and hope i can download older Version in my Account, you can send me some Mail
if your Payed open Beta is at end and your Product works as a minimum like V1 that do.

Andre

Andre

I'm also Blender user and i dont have problem like this.

Only thing that come's to my minds is reversed normals.
From screenshot im 80% sure You just mirrored copy of meshes by [ S (Scale) - 1 ] so they have flipped normals.
Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:13:03 am

Hey lauzona,

the issue you have looks like reversed normals.
I'm not sure why you are so mad, by the way. If you have valuable feedback I would love to hear it.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

D3V

[[ This is shorthanded ]]
The issue with FBX and collada.. is that terminologies and methods are interpretive when implementing the SDKs into functionalities for 3rd party toolsets. 'meaning the DCC tools not AUtodesk made, game engines, SP..etc etc...(Also, the FBX-SDK version /time of plugin creation may matter too)
Hence plugins/importers/exporters/)readers/writers) get wonked or are featureset specific.. and perhaps need to be adjusted either at plugin-code-level or perhaps in scene of the DCC tool.

The one image clearly shows issues with indexing issues of mirror'd meshes..perhaps the mesh was not collapsed to a polygonal model prior to export..(and then, what version FBX(sdk) exporter?) >.I simply can't know without the files and programs to se..and that's not going to happen.

This type of bug is easily solved by the import/export writers of the DCC tools ..or even perhaps included as flagged approaches/checks during SP2s' file importing.

No need to be upset, this is an easy thing to solve..they simply needed to know it is a problem that exists. ;)
Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 08:24:37 am

Only thing that come's to my minds is reversed normals.
From screenshot im 80% sure You just mirrored copy of meshes by [ S (Scale) - 1 ] so they have flipped normals.

Yep, that is what it is ...

I model 3D models for a decade now, it happens to me sometimes too, and when it does it's almost always my fault, checking normals on your final mesh (before export) is the best way to go  :)
You wanna play it soft. We'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard. Let's play it hard.