Author Topic: Major Issue: Naming convention & Shader of imbeded file (.FBX)  (Read 1037 times)

Hello,

I am experiencing a major issue that will set the project back.  A few changes had to be made to the .FBX model file, and there was a mistake made where my Texture Assist shader was included in the original import of a new Substance Painter file.  When changing the name convention and removing that particular shader, although the UV's are exactly the same, it "recomputed" improperly and has damaged the layers. 

1.) If when using the Substance file in Cryengine & Unreal Engine, with your plugin, is it possible to remove that shader (embedded media via Maya), and change the naming convention of the embedded object as well? 
2.) If when using the Substance file in Cryengine & Unreal Engine, with your plugin, is the Substance Painter project file used as a shader extension only, or does it get used as an object file with extensions/modifiers? 

Thank you, and I really hope I can get to the bottom of this and not have to repaint all these objects...

Hi there,

I'm not sure to properly understand your issues as you are using terms that I'm not familiar with. Substance Painter reads the material name to create texture set with their dedicated layer stack. If you happen to rename a material or add new geometry, you should check that you have a correct setup before importing.

We don't provide a way for the moment to rename TextureSets.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.